7 August 2010

Biba Las Begas

Bah, I have an incredibly irritating head cold as we speak. So that and the fact it was pissing down when I woke up this morning meant I of course didn't go anywhere today. The closest I got to Nottingham was the little utility room in my house where I keep my dish washer and huge inflatable football.

I was actually quite motivated to play too. I even had a really really hot bath to try and steam the cold out of me. It was so hot when my junk touched the water it kind of felt like I'd scolded the poor fellas.

Alas, it was all to no avail and instead I downed some night nurse and spent the day drifting in and out of a shallow slumber waking intermittently to wipe the dribble from my chin and clear out the volume of snots from my nose.

On a more positive note which of course is what this new blog is all about, having a blocked nose seems to be helping me pronounce the "Bveh" sound in Spanish a little better. See I only just recently realised there is no V sound in Spanish. V is pronounced more like a B but it's a soft B like Bveh. Anyway, I seem to have a better pronunciation when I have a decent quantity of loose bogies in my nose.


Football now, and having taken on board Paulie Two Thumbs' Premier League predictions I think I'll consider a few myself this evening if you'll indulge me. I've already had a some monies on Maraoune Chamakh and Chicharo to win the golden boot at awesome back-to-lay prices of 26.0 and 34.0 respectively.

I'm giving some serious thought to laying Manchester United for a top four finish. I know they always some how find a way of winning and there's always the fact that Ferguson sold his blackened soul to Beelzebub many years ago, but even when you dance with the devil the music stops eventually.

I look at their squad and I wonder, I wonder I does, who is going to put the ball in the onion bag for them? Wayne Rooney is now on forty a day and has a physical age of 46, Michael Owen can't put his boots on with tearing a muscle, Berbatov can barely stay awake long enough to make a run into the box, which only leaves Chicharito - who of course is awesome - but he can't do it ALL himself. As for the defence...blah.

The logical conclusion then is Arsenal to triumph. It's all so clear now. Probably by about 15 points and me and Andrey Arshavin to be mates and play chess together on Sundays.

I'm obviously going to choose West Ham as a dark horse for a European place as they have the awesome Pablo Barrera and with an Israeli in charge who probably has contacts at Mossad, as long as he's not asked to storm a passenger ferry I can see them having quite a decent season.

I have a feeling the Championship will be won with a record low points score this season, so West Ham on the handicaps +38 is my dark horse wager of the day.

Now then, my throat is irritated. I need a hot lemon drink. So I'll leave you with some Mexican Primera DivisiĆ³n wagers for this evening which you may wish to invest in when you get home pissed as a fart;

San Luis v Chivas - San Luis win 2.18 (I hate to betray the Goats, but I pick this only because I feel Chivas will be focused more on the Copa Libertadores on Wednesday)

Atlante v Monterry - Monterry win 2.42

Jaguares v Toluca - Draw 3.44

No comments: