26 January 2012

Remarkable and frightening

I just found I had an empty drawer in my kitchen! Been living here two years and I've only just noticed I had an entire drawer lying empty. It's these sorts of things that make life worth living.

I always just assumed it was one of those weird fake drawers you sometimes get in kitchens, but no. It was the real McCoy. I can't wait to start putting stuff in it. I've never felt so alive.

I wonder what compelled me to try and open it? There's a lesson in this for everyone. Nothing is ever as it seems. What you thought was decoration may be a genuine storage space, or metaphorically - trust no one!

It's every man for himself. Good luck everyone.


My cupboard doors as they were earlier this evening.


The doors in their opened aspect with what I
assumed to be a fake drawer in it's closed aspect.

Oh my God!! The "fake" drawer is revealed to be real after all as
something within me compels me to try and open it.

No comments: