24 November 2010

In the clink



Ashes tonight woooo! Love the Ashes when the Aussies are hosting as it's on at a reasonable time of the night. Can't stand it when it's in England and you're having to get up and God awful times of the day and can't even keep your eyes open cause the sun gets in 'em. Urghh.

Being English I'm obviously neutral, but I like to pick a team to give myself an interest other than a betting one. For my American readers let me just explain the Ashes. It's contested every two years. Originally it was contested between England and her Majesties penal colony of Australia. Recently though it's become Australia versus an amalgamation of her Majesties other colonies - predominantly South Africa and India, with perhaps an English Captain to boss them about.

I hate South Africans. I think I hate South Africans more than the French. At least the French are cowards and easily defeated. South Africans have a unique gene that makes them remorselessly evil bastards who exist only to cause as much pain and suffering on the rest of the world as is physically and psychologically possible.

They can usually only do this though in the comfort and safety of their own dungeons and purpose built slums. Out in Australia though they'll be out of their comfort zone. If you've ever walked or driven past a prison and felt the harshness and intimidating imposing feel of the place, you'll have an appreciation for how visiting teams feel when they land in Australia.

There's some irony here. "England" prisoners behind their own bars. Aha aha ahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha

Er..anyway, I'm backing Australia -1.5 tests on the handicaps 3-1 win or 4-1 will do nicely.

Welcome to Australia

**I've changed my mind betting wise, I've backed England to not win a test at 10/3.


No comments: